I see a merge behavior which may be as-designed, but I don't understand it.
I believe I have a pretty standard SVN-repository layout, with a /branches
and a /trunk. In my /branches, I have a branch named /branches/H-1-0, which
represents version 1.0 of my software. I often make changes under
/branches/H-1-0 , which I merge back into /trunk.
Every time I have merged changes from /branches into my /trunk, and choose
to Commit, the list over changes suggests that I have changed files which I
have not touched. It's the same files every time I do it, and even if I
commit the files they will be shown as modified again the next time I've
done a merge.
1) I make a change to a file under H-1-0, say /branches/H-1-0/somefile.txt
2) I commit this change, and see the revision number in the "Commit log"
3) I right click on /trunk in the Windows Explorer, select
4) I select to merge a range of revisions, choose to merge from
/branches/H-1-0 and type in the revision number I got in step 2.
5) In the merge options wizard page, I choose the default values (Merge
depth: Working copy, Ignore ancestry/Ignore line endings not selected,
6) I click Merge to start the merge.
7) The "Merge log" page shows that the correct file has been merged (and no
other files as far as I can tell)
8) I right click on trunk again in the Windows Explorer and select Commit.
Now, in the list over changes made, "trunk", "installation",
"source/Administrator", "formSelectUsers.cs", "RemovedRecords.cpp" are
listed. These files are in my repository and I have not made any changes to
them. If I commit all of these and do the same merge-steps (listed above)
over again, the exact same files are listed in "Changed files" again.
When I commit, In the changes made dialog, I would expect only the
somefile.txt file to be shown. I haven't made any changes to the other files
listed, so I don't understand why they are shown.
Can someone explain this behavior to me?
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Every-merge-suggest-changes-to-same-files-tp23123496p23123496.html
Sent from the tortoisesvn - users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
To unsubscribe from this discussion, e-mail: [users-unsubscribe_at_tortoisesvn.tigris.org].
Received on 2009-04-19 17:30:23 CEST