> I have encountered the following problem using TortioseSVN 18.104.22.16816
> and a 1.5.0 repository.
> I created a copy B of subtree A using Copy To ... in the repo browser
> I then created a working copy of A and a separate working copy of B
> using Checkout ...
> I added some folders and files in those folders to A and Committed the
> I then Merged A to my working copy of B and Committed the change
Did you merge the URL of A to your B working copy?
> I then modified files in the working copy of B and also added a file
> I then Committed the changes to B
> Then things went badly wrong.
> 1) I got the following error shown in the attached screen capture;
> 2) The Add appeared to have been committed correctly (even though the
> error message said that the commit had failed)
> 3) The three modifications were committed to A instead of B (even though
> the error message said that the commit had failed)
> 4) The working copy of B is corrupt, since it still thinks that the
> changes have not been committed (as shown in the second attached screen
> 5) The final screen shot shows the log entry for the (supposedly failed)
> commit. Working copy A corresponds to repo path
> 'Monitor.com/trunk/TeamSite/Monitor US/integration' and working copy B
> corresponds to 'Monitor.com/trunk/TeamSite/Monitor US/UAT'
You should report this on the Subversion mailing list (users at
subversion tigris org). TSVN uses the Subversion library so if you could
get your working copy messed up that way, the bug must be in that library.
Also you should check whether one of the "known issues" for merge
tracking might apply:
oo // \\ "De Chelonian Mobile"
(_,\/ \_/ \ TortoiseSVN
\ \_/_\_/> The coolest Interface to (Sub)Version Control
/_/ \_\ http://tortoisesvn.net
Received on 2008-07-09 22:10:12 CEST