Thomas S. Trias wrote:
> After having installed SVN 1.5 and TortoiseSVN 1.5 (TortoiseSVN 1.5.0,
> Build 13316 - 32 Bit , 2008/06/21 07:55:29), I updated my repositories
> and working copies (this is automagic, yes?).
> I then went into a branch project and decided to add merge info for the
> merges already made:
> 1) Right-click on root of WC, choose Merge
> 2) Merge a range of revisions
> 3) It had the correct trunk URL (SWEET!)
> 4) Put in the following revision ranges:
> Note that these correspond to the M:N revisions logged for previous
> merges - should I have incremented the start revisions?
> 5) Checked "Only record the merge"
> 6) Tried a Test Merge for fun
> Note that it showed the results of actually applying a merge, not just
> the result of only recording the merges
> 7) Clicked Merge
> I expected to just have the svn:mergeinfo added to the root of the WC
> (and maybe to the appropriate sub-directories - I didn't read up on how
> mergeinfo is managed in a nested working copy).
> Instead, the merge actually performed the modifications that showed up
> in the dry run.
> I reverted the changes and then ran the following from the root of my WC:
> svn merge --record-only <trunk URL> -r 827:845 -r 846:861 -r 862:892 -r
> 893:897 -r 898:906 -r 907:908 -r 909:910 -r 912:913 -r 914:916
> This produced:
> svn:mergeinfo <relative URL to
> Note a subsequent merge all did produce the correct results (it even
> noticed that I missed 893, so I'm glad I entered the merge information
> as I did), and now my mergeinfo reads 828-924.
Fixed in r13400.
oo // \\ "De Chelonian Mobile"
(_,\/ \_/ \ TortoiseSVN
\ \_/_\_/> The coolest Interface to (Sub)Version Control
/_/ \_\ http://tortoisesvn.net
Received on 2008-07-02 20:06:04 CEST