Request: Disable Icon Overlay automaticly in turtoiseSVN when checking out large projects to a Windows Client
From: Boer, Eddy de <edboer_at_gti-group.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 17:20:46 +0200
I would like to make a small suggestions concerning checking out files
What caused this suggestion:
- Checking out a project with 24000 java files using the
- It stalled at random times.
How did I fix it:
- I deactivated the Indexing service on Windows (on it's own
- I deactivated tortoise svn Icon Overlay on the folder in
- And every thing checked out smoothly
What is the suggestion:
Perhaps it is an idea for Tortoise SVN for Windows to have the option to
- Automaticly turn of the Icon Overlay option for the files and
- Then turn it on automaticly when action has finished, only if
Hope this helps in solving the hangup problem for windows, all I could
At least this one worked for me.
This is an archived mail posted to the TortoiseSVN Users mailing list.