Blame behaving badly
From: Loren Osborn <lsosborn_at_dis-sol-inc.com>
Date: 2006-06-27 20:46:56 CEST
I discovered a problem with "blame" (and a few other tools, but "blame"
1) Create a file in an SVN repository
2) Modify the file a few times to give it some history... let's
3) Make some SWEEPING change (like running the code through a
4) Further modify the file a times to give it a bit more
5) Use the tortoise equivalent of "svn mv" to more the file to a
6) Further modify the file a times to give it a bit more history
7) Now run blame on the file through "HEAD" or 345... everything
8) Run blame on the file through 235... everything STILL works as
9) Now lets say we want to see a "blame" on changes BEFORE
a. ERROR... can't find file... because the file wasn't *IN* that
10) In fact we can't view any blame prior to 235 because that's when
Likewise, it would be nice to have "Blame" in the context sensitive menu
Thank you for any input you may have,
Dispensing Solutions Inc.
3000 West Warner Ave.
Santa Ana, CA 92704
This is an archived mail posted to the TortoiseSVN Users mailing list.