Weird conflicts for no reason
I realize this is a question for the Subversion mailing list but I was
curious as to what you thought about it first.
Have you ever created a feature branch, kept it up to date, and then got
ready to merge it back to trunk and you get random file conflicts? The
conflicts usually conflict the entire file, and viewing the conflicts
through TortoiseMerge doesn't show any conflict. You actually have to open
the file manually and look at the position of the <<<<<<<<<<<< and >>>>>>>>>
symbols to see the conflicted areas. When I merge the feature branch back to
trunk, I use the bottom of the 3 merge options in the merge dialog.
Note that I'm using the latest nightly build, and I'm not sure what version
of SVN that it is using. The conflicts I'm getting should never happen,
since they are exactly the same content-wise in the feature branch as they
are in the trunk. Just wondering if you've seen this issue.
Received on 2008-10-10 02:20:25 CEST
This is an archived mail posted to the TortoiseSVN Dev