I'm trying to build TSVN from source. Initialy I started with the RC1 sources and followed the steps in build.txt
Below are all the steps and problems I ran into, may somebody (Stefan?) can help me to get it working.
- Created a new VM with XP Pro and SP2
- Installed VS.NET2005 Teamsuite edition.
- Installed java runtime 5.0 Update 6
- Installed python-2.4.2.msi to E:\dev\Python24
- Added E:\dev\Python24 to global environment
- Installed libxml2-python-2.6.22.win32-py2.4.exe
- Installed ActivePerl-22.214.171.1245-MSWin32-x86-211909.msi to E:\dev\Perl
- Unzipped WIX_binaries-2.0.3309.0.zip to E:\dev\WiX
- Added path E:\dev\WiX to global environment
- Installed nsis-2.12-setup.exe to E:\dev\NSIS
- Unzipped nant-0.85-rc3-bin.zip to E:\dev\nant
- Added E:\dev\nant\bin to global environment.
(To be constistent with the WiX steps I would write down the same steps for nant)
- Did no logoff -> started a cmd.exe
- Created e:\dev\svn
- Checked out http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/svn/tortoisesvn/tags/version_1.3.0RC1 on the VM host.
- Created common folder
- Unzipped opensll from openssl-0.9.8a.tar.gz
- Unzipped zlib from with zlib123.zip
- Installed en_US.aff, en_US.dic, en_GB.aff and en_GB.dic.
(To be constistent, I would mention the URL to download here too, not only on top of the file).
BTW: Can the theasaurus files also be downloaded?
- Moved the SVN folder to the guest VM.
- Downloaded the tools.zip
(Is it a good idea from copyright view to include hhc.exe?)
- Created a default.build.user from templatre with that part changed
<variable name="PATH" value="E:\dev\SVN\TortoiseSVN\Tools\;%PATH%" />
<variable name="PATH" value="E:\dev\SVN\TortoiseSVN\Tools\fop\;%PATH%" />
<variable name="PATH" value="E:\DEV\WIX\;%PATH%" />
<variable name="PATH" value="E:\DEV\NSIS\;%PATH%" />
<variable name="HHLOC" value="E:\dev\SVN\TortoiseSVN\Tools\hhc.exe" />
<variable name="XSLROOT" value="E:/DEV/SVN/TortoiseSVN/Tools/xsl" />
- Unzipped WTL75_5333_Final.zip to E:\dev\WTL
- Started VS.net 2005, went to Tools -> Options, choose "Projects and Solutions -> VC++ Directories
- Choose "Platform Win32" and "Show diretories for" -> "Include files"
- Insert as a new first line with the content "E:\dev\WTL\include"
- Press "OK" and close VS.Net
- Started a cmd.exe
E:\>"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\Tools\vsvars32.bat"
Setting environment for using Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 x86 tools.
E:\>cd /d E:\dev\SVN\TortoiseSVN
E:\dev\SVN\TortoiseSVN>nant >building.log setup
- SubWCrev.exe complained about required a DLL at startup....
Researched this and found that I need to add:
<variable name="PATH" value="E:\DEV\SVN\TortoiseSVN\ext\apr\Release\;%PATH%" />
<variable name="PATH" value="E:\DEV\SVN\TortoiseSVN\ext\apr-util\Release\;%PATH%" />
<variable name="PATH" value="E:\DEV\SVN\TortoiseSVN\ext\apr-iconv\Release\;%PATH%" />
<variable name="PATH" value="D:\SVN\TortoiseSVN\ext\svn-win32-libintl\bin\;%PATH%" />
- Build went through. I recognized that there are errors in the building.log and that the msi had a different size that rc1-msi from the website.
- Switched to http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/svn/tortoisesvn/branches/1.3.x Revision 5346
- Moved the sources to the VM, restarted the build process.
- Got an exception in hhc.exe together with the question from VS.net if I want to debug hhc.exe...
- Made a copy of the building.log and answered afterwards with "no", the build was continuing.
Nightly build 5346 -> 7'206'912 bytes
My build 5346 -> 7'203'840 bytes
1. Is it normal that the DLL's are missing? Do those of you who are able to build just have those DLL's in any version (by mistake?) in the windows path?
2. Does anybody know why hhc.exe crashs?
3. Why get I twice 104 errors in the log while the libsvn_ra_dav-1.lib was linked, all of them started with "error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ne_........" or with "error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ne_"
Directly after the second linking I saw "[exec] 'svn' failed to start." in the log
4. There are a lot of other errors, most likely releated to the documentations. Are those also normal?
(I attached the logs as zip, in case somebody is interessed in them)
I think if I'm not the only perosn having problems to get it build with the default steps and config file, I may can spend some time on doing a improved build.txt out of the feedback I hopefully get :-)
Thanks a lot, and by the way, I realy like the tool...
To unsubscribe, e-mail: email@example.com
For additional commands, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Received on Thu Jan 5 14:21:04 2006
- application/x-zip-compressed attachment: logs.zip