[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: [Subclipse-users] Problem using svnClientAdapter

From: Mark Phippard <markphip_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 10:04:04 -0400

On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 7:45 PM, Bharat Khatri <bharatkhatri_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I had used the svnClientAdapter API available from tigris.org a long time
> ago, and it still works fine. I was using it with the JavaHL interface.
> Specifically I used svnClientAdapter version 0.9.4.
> Now I want to use the latest and greatest version of the API so that I dont
> run into compatibility issues in the future. Searching on the web, I found
> that the only way to get the latest version of svnClientAdapter was to
> extract it from Subclipse. So I downloaded Subclipse 1.4.5 and extracted the
> relevant jar files and dlls for using the JavaHL interface. My old project
> built fine with the new stuff, but I'm unable to run anything. Here is the
> code sample that doesnt work (omitting username, password, and url):

How did you get the client adapter pieces? The new Subclipse is
structured differently and there is no longer any JAR file you can

The latest SVNAnt RC should include a JAR with the svnClientAdapter
code in it though.

> try {
> JhlClientAdapterFactory.setup();
> } catch (SVNClientException e) {
> e.printStackTrace();
> System.out.println("can't register JavaHL factory");
> return;
> }
> ISVNClientAdapter svnClient =
> SVNClientAdapterFactory.createSVNClient(JhlClientAdapterFactory.JAVAHL_CLIENT);
> svnClient.setUsername("<username>");
> svnClient.setPassword("<password>");
> SVNUrl url = new SVNUrl("<valid url>");
> ISVNInfo info = svnClient.getInfo(url);
> The last line throws the following exception:
> Caused by:
> org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException
> : RA layer request failed
> svn: OPTIONS of
> 'http://crsvn/prepdev/com.rockwellcollins.clearcase.explorer/trunk/plugin.xml':
> Could not read status line: An existing connection was forcibly closed by
> the remote host.
> Now the problem is: Why does the same code work with the previous version of
> svnClientAdapter but fails with the new version (even though it builds and
> runs fine) ?
> Please help....

That sort of error would not fall into svnClientAdapter to either
cause or fix the problem. svnClientAdapter is just a convenience
wrapper over the JavaHL and other API's. The actual code that runs
ultimately either comes from JavaHL or SVNKit and neither of those are
part of this project. Assuming you handled the credentials management
correctly, in theory the svn command line executing the same svn info
url:// command would give a similar error as JavaHL just uses the same
code internally as the command line.

Mark Phippard
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe_at_subclipse.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help_at_subclipse.tigris.org
Received on 2008-10-06 16:04:14 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the Subclipse Users mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.