[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

[Subclipse-users] Issue with RAD 7 generated code

From: Acheson, Douglas <douglas.acheson_at_rbc.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 19:10:40 -0400

Hello,

  I am using RAD 7 (v7.0.3) with the new subclipse v1.5.0 plugin
against a svn (v1.5.0) repo using web_dav (the Collaba release) on
Windows XP sp2. I have created an EJB project and it contains a
stateless session EJB. I check in all the generated code to SVN and all
is good. When I tell RAD to prepare the EJB for deployment it
regenerates code (the stubs and skels etc) - basically runs rmic again.
At this point the RAD replaces those files new ones with the same names.
Now when I look at the artifacts from the Package Explorer they do not
show up as versioned elements nor (cylinder) as non-versioned elements
(with ?) (i.e. no label decoration).

When I synchronize the repository I get no changes, and when I compare
then with the Compare with -> Latest from Repository I am told there are
no changes with this file. Moreover, I have an option of adding these
files to the rep Team -> add to version control. This leads to another
problem (which I posted about last week or so -
http://subclipse.tigris.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=users&msgNo=11932).
Once other interesting point is when I try to replace with latest from
repository I am told I have local changes do I want to overwrite.

  All of these artifacts seem to be on the ignored list here is an
example of the files

Abean.java this is okay (versioned object no problem with this)
_A_Stub.java (gets regen'd and no longer shows as a versioned artifact)
_Ahome_Stub.java (gets regen'd and no longer shows as a versioned
artifact)

There are others, like this but I am trying to provide examples.

Now here is the kicker, if I select those aritacts and delete them (but
do not commit the delete), then do a synchronize they will show up as
artifacts to be deleted. Now if I select those aritacts and revert and
they now show up as versioned objects.

Plz any help would be appreciated on how to proceed, cause this work
around is not productive. I am certain this was also a problem in the
previous release.

Regards,
Douglas WF Acheson
_______________________________________________________________________

This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender does not waive any related rights and obligations.
Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended recipient is unauthorized.
If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately.

Ce courrier électronique est confidentiel et protégé. L'expéditeur ne renonce pas aux droits et obligations qui s'y rapportent.
Toute diffusion, utilisation ou copie de ce message ou des renseignements qu'il contient par une personne autre que le (les) destinataire(s) désigné(s) est interdite.
Si vous recevez ce courrier électronique par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser immédiatement, par retour de courrier électronique ou par un autre moyen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe_at_subclipse.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help_at_subclipse.tigris.org
Received on 2008-06-26 01:17:13 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the Subclipse Users mailing list.