[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

[Subclipse-users] NullPointerException during merge with 1.4 snapshot

From: Jens Seidel <jensseidel_at_users.sourceforge.net>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 17:12:40 +0200

Hi,

I tried a merge and got the following exception:

An internal error occurred during: "SVN Merge".

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.DefaultSVNMerger.getMergeAction(DefaultSVNMerger.java:272)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.DefaultSVNMerger.processMergedFiles(DefaultSVNMerger.java:246)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.AbstractSVNMerger.mergeText(AbstractSVNMerger.java:72)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.admin.SVNAdminArea.mergeText(SVNAdminArea.java:467)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNMergeCallback.fileChanged(SVNMergeCallback.java:258)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNRemoteDiffEditor.closeFile(SVNRemoteDiffEditor.java:296)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNCancellableEditor.closeFile(SVNCancellableEditor.java:140)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.svn.SVNEditModeReader.processCommand(SVNEditModeReader.java:158)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.svn.SVNEditModeReader.driveEditor(SVNEditModeReader.java:213)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.svn.SVNRepositoryImpl.diff(SVNRepositoryImpl.java:1392)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNMergeDriver.driveMergeReportEditor(SVNMergeDriver.java:1724)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNMergeDriver.doDirectoryMerge(SVNMergeDriver.java:703)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNMergeDriver.doMerge(SVNMergeDriver.java:472)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNMergeDriver.runPeggedMerge(SVNMergeDriver.java:218)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNDiffClient.doMerge(SVNDiffClient.java:1333)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.javahl.SVNClientImpl.merge(SVNClientImpl.java:923)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.javahl.SVNClientImpl.merge(SVNClientImpl.java:908)
at org.tigris.subversion.svnclientadapter.javahl.AbstractJhlClientAdapter.merge(AbstractJhlClientAdapter.java:1962)
at org.tigris.subversion.svnclientadapter.javahl.AbstractJhlClientAdapter.merge(AbstractJhlClientAdapter.java:1993)
at org.tigris.subversion.svnclientadapter.javahl.AbstractJhlClientAdapter.merge(AbstractJhlClientAdapter.java:1916)
at org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.core.commands.MergeCommand.run(MergeCommand.java:60)
at org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.ui.operations.MergeOperation.execute(MergeOperation.java:57)
at org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.ui.operations.RepositoryProviderOperation.execute(RepositoryProviderOperation.java:71)
at org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.ui.operations.SVNOperation.run(SVNOperation.java:89)
at org.eclipse.team.internal.ui.actions.JobRunnableContext.run(JobRunnableContext.java:144)
at org.eclipse.team.internal.ui.actions.JobRunnableContext$ResourceJob.runInWorkspace(JobRunnableContext.java:72)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.InternalWorkspaceJob.run(InternalWorkspaceJob.java:38)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

I'm using the 1.3.* snapshots together with SVNKit 1.2.0.4238 and
Eclipse 3.3.2 on Linux.

I noticed that using SVNKit with a Subversion 1.5 repository may be
indeed not a good solution but this error doesn't look SVNKit specific.
I find it very good that SVNKit can now easily be updated and is no longer
coupled with Subclipse, thanks! The proper solution for me is either
switching to JavaHL (but I hate depending on many external libraries, I
want to distribute my configuration) or to switch back to a stable
Subversion version together with stable SVNKit (preferred) ...

Jens

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe_at_subclipse.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help_at_subclipse.tigris.org
Received on 2008-05-09 17:21:23 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the Subclipse Users mailing list.