[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: [Subclipse-users] Folder locally replaced by a symbolic link -> bug ?

From: Mark Phippard <markphip_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2007-09-24 18:13:43 CEST

On 9/24/07, Couderc Aurelien <Aurelien.Couderc.presta@nagra.fr> wrote:

> I just had a problem trying to update a local folder in my subversionned tree, and I thought I would ask about it.
> Here is how it happened. I replaced a subfolder in my local tree with a symbolic link having the exact same name. Then I tried to do an update with subclipse's Team->Update and got the following error :
> ----------
> Updating external location at: ***/myfolder
> Working copy not locked; this is probably a bug, please report
> svn: Directory '***\myfolder\subfolder\.svn' containing working copy admin area is missing
> ----------
> However a regular 'svn update' command gave me the right diagnostic :
> ----------
> svn: Expected 'myfolder/subfolder' to be a directory but found a file
> ----------

Try switching to the JavaHL adapter or reporting it to SVNKit. Being
pure Java I know they have a more difficult time working with
symlinks. I think there are some Java properties you have to turn on
to activate certain functionality for performance reasons. Meaning
they are turned off by default for performance reasons.

Mark Phippard
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@subclipse.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@subclipse.tigris.org
Received on Mon Sep 24 18:13:48 2007

This is an archived mail posted to the Subclipse Users mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.