[Subclipse-users] Lost version control info, fixed by clearing syncinfo cache.
Just wanted to say that the other day I managed to lose any semblance of
version control on a project. I'm using Subclipse 1.0.5 with RadRails, and
did a svn rename via command line svn on a file. Next time I went to sync
with the repository in RadRails, the entire project came up as unversioned,
and I had 2000+ unversioned files. After panicking for a while (and how!) I
stumbled across the advice in
clearing the cache. That fixed the issue nicely.
A project admin may want to consider adding a warning in the FAQs or docs
somewhere to warn against meddling with tools other than Subclipse, and also
how to resolve troubles that may arise from those actions.
Thanks for the great tool,
Received on Mon Apr 2 20:15:26 2007
This is an archived mail posted to the Subclipse Users