[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: [Subclipse-users] Quick annotate diff uses wrong encoding, normal annotate view returns ERROR

From: Mark Phippard <markphip_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2007-03-15 14:00:32 CET

On 3/15/07, Jens Seidel <jensseidel@users.sf.net> wrote:
> Hi,
> I managed to fix my previous problems with subclipse 1.2.0 somehow and
> found now a few problems in the annotate functionality.
> First of all the quick diff assumes the log message to be encoded in
> latin1 instead of UTF-8 and displays "für" instead of "fr".
> I also noticed that the normal annotate operation does not work for
> all files. For some it just opens a text editor containing "ERROR" and
> adds the attached text to the log. It works for other files work as
> expected.
> I'm using SVNKit, OpenSuse 10.1, Sun java 1.5.0_06, eclipse 3.3M5eh.

I cannot really comment on the log issue (as I do not know). OK, one
comment. I doubt we are making any assumptions in the code, are we sure
that the quick diff tool tips can display UTF-8?

As for not supporting all files, this is true. CVS has the same
limitation. There are things (again that I do not know) that the editor has
to support for the quick diff annotate to work. That is why the default
preference for CVS and SVN is to prompt to pick which type of annotation to
use. The old annotate method should still work for all files.

Again, I did not write this code, so if you know of ways that the CVS
plug-in handles this differently, then let us know. For example, perhaps it
is possible to figure out in advance if the editor supports the feature. I
do not think you can, but maybe.

Mark Phippard
Received on Thu Mar 15 14:01:04 2007

This is an archived mail posted to the Subclipse Users mailing list.