I am please to announce that Subclipse 1.1.0 has been released and posted
to its update site. We will be following the odd/even numbering standard
that is so often used in open source projects. The odd releases (1.1.x)
in this case are "development releases" leading up to the eventual GA
release of 1.2.0.
Subclipse 1.1.x is built on and requires Eclipse 3.2. It will not install
on previous releases as it uses new API specifically from Eclipse 3.2. I
built it on 3.2 RC6 but I would assume it would run on most of the release
If you are running Eclipse 3.2 and want to try the latest and greatest new
features, then this is probably the release you should use. Otherwise,
stick to the stable 1.0.x releases, of which 1.0.2 was just released today
and is the latest release.
The update site URL for this release is:
This release will not be posted or visible on the general web site. The
mailing list is the only place it will be publicized. This will change as
we get closer to a 1.2.0 release.
The change log for this release stream can be viewed online at:
Here are the relevant bit from the changelog:
NOTE: As of Subclipse 1.1.0, the minimum Eclipse requirement is now 3.2.0.
Subclipse 1.1.0 was built on Eclipse 3.2 RC6. Presumably it will work with
most earlier releases of 3.2.
NOTE: Subclipse 1.1.0 removed the SVN Resource History view as we now use
the common Team History view. You will likely get an Eclipse error message
if you use an existing workspace that had that view open. This is normal
and is not a problem. You will get the error the first time you open each
perspective that had the view open.
01 June 2006
* JavaHL 1.3.2 Windows binaries.
* JavaSVN 1.1.0 Beta 2. Includes support for file:// protocol.
* Improvements to Console view, taking advantage of new Eclipse
features from 3.1. Includes some new preferences.
* File names that are output to Console are now hyperlinks to the
local workspace file
* Help/documentation packaged in separate plugin from UI.
* Plugins now install as JAR's instead of being unpacked. Removed
feature plugin as it was not really needed. Branding was moved to the core
* Improve error reporting in Lock/Unlock actions.
* Show lock info from server on SVN Resource property page.
* Support for outgoing changesets in Synchronize view.
* Support for in-line/live annotation feature.
* Replaced SVN Resource History view with usage of new common Team
* Removed checks and messages for workspace case. Eclipse problem was
fixed in 3.2.
* All dialogs now extend new Eclipse 3.2 TrayDialog class. This better
integrates help with dialog.
* Icons for Show History and Show Annotation changes to match CVS/Team
* URL's in History view are opened using the Eclipse browser
* SVN Repositories are included in Eclipse Import/Export Preferences
wizard. However, only repositories created after version 1.1.0 is
installed are included.
Scanned for SoftLanding Systems, Inc. and SoftLanding Europe Plc by IBM Email Security Management Services powered by MessageLabs.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional commands, e-mail: email@example.com
Received on Thu Jun 1 20:35:43 2006