> Hi All,
> I have just tried the new release and found a pretty massive
> performace regression for remote repositories. It is hitting
> the server to get the contents of the reference document
> (once only though). I didn't spot it before because i use a
> local repo.
> It looks like we actually use a remote resource in our sync
> info to represent the base revision (like CVS does). I have
> attached a patch that fixes the performance problems for me.
> It will now use a base resource, so getContents will be a
> local filesystem read now. It also removes some redundant
> throws clauses.
> This is only going to be a problem for people who connect to
> a repository over a slow connection (such as the internet).
> I would have checked it in, but I know very little about the
> sync stuff and don't want to make things worse...
Well, I can take a closer look at consequences of your patches.
Yes, I've noticed some lag when comparing changed resources from synchronize
I did not put much thought on it, just a very shallow observation was:
- it was slow in 0.9.31 when I joined the project.
- after I did first set of patches, I've observed an unintentional positive
there was no lag anymore. But it was not my intention, it just happened.
- when the sync code was rewritten for 0.9.32 the lag is there again.
I'll investigate this issue tonight or tomorrow ...
Received on Tue Jul 26 20:04:15 2005