Shelving v3 started
From: Julian Foad <julianfoad_at_apache.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2019 10:34:18 +0000
On the 'shelving-v3' branch:
* shelving uses a separate 'real' WC to store each shelf
* copying local modifications between the (main) WC and a shelf is, at last, done the Right Way using an Editor API:
* every kind of committable change will be supported
* no shelf-specific code for storing and manipulating changes, just high level glue code
* bug in reverting shelved changes from the main WC after shelving them:
* unshelve doesn't attempt to merge
* copying the WC base state is crude, space-inefficient
The only reason this is committed to a branch rather than trunk is that it is writing to a directory outside the WC. It would be worth tweaking that back inside ".svn" as soon as possible, in order to move the development back onto trunk.
Julian Foad wrote on 2019-02-01:
> (2) Better capture of base state.
-- - JulianReceived on 2019-02-12 11:34:26 CET
This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.