Forwarded from private@, with consent:
----- Original message -----
From: Daniel Gruno <humbedooh_at_apache.org>
Subject: [ComDev] High resolution project logos wanted!
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2018 13:52:40 +0200
Hi awesome PMCs!
This is a request for your project logo(s) in the best possible format
you have. I'm on a crazy mission to gather up all project logos in the
foundation and put them somewhere central and browseable.
To that end, I need your help to speed up things!
If you have or know of a high resolution or scalable version of your
project's logo (or logos!), if you could please do the following, that
would be really helpful:
- Either commit your logo to
(everyone should be able to write here)
- Or send it to me at humbedooh_at_apache.org
- Logos should be either scalable (SVG, EPS, PDF etc) or high resolution
images, as good as you can get 'em, preferably PNG or high quality
- Please name the file $project.$ext, e.g. cassandra.svg, httpd.png or
netbeans.eps (use the subdomain/ldap name of your project). If you have
multiple logos or multiple versions of your one logo, you can append
'-1', '-2' etc to the name, for example tomee-1.svg, tomee-2.svg.
- Do not include 'incubator-' in your project name, we'll treat podlings
and projects like equals for this exercise.
- If you have sub-projects, treat them like regular projects. thus, rat
should be rat.svg rather than creadur-rat.
- IF someone else beat you to it, but you have a better version of the
logo, please add it as a new file, using the same naming convention as
above (-1, -2 etc)
For those that submit high res bitmaps, I'll try my best to convert to
scalable formats where possible.
If all goes well and enough projects collaborate on this, we should be
able to present a web site for finding and downloading project logos
from across the foundation.
With warm regards,
Daniel on behalf of the Community Development Project.
Received on 2018-08-23 14:38:50 CEST