On Fri, Mar 02, 2018 at 05:15:46PM +0300, Evgeny Kotkov wrote:
> Unless I am missing something, this might be worth considering before the
> 1.10 GA release.
Not about the actual bug, just a meta comment on the process:
I'd rather ship 1.10.0 at the prospected release date followed closely
by 1.10.1 to fix bugs such as these, than delay general access to 1.10.0
You may not have realized this, but I have been waiting for 1.10.0 to
happen for *over a year* https://svn.haxx.se/dev/archive-2017-01/0043.shtml
For all this time, I have wanted the conflict resolver to get real world
exposure because I need feedback from users out there to improve it.
I kept mostly quiet because I didn't want to push too hard for this
release all by myself because of the relatively high share of burden
this would imply. So I waited for activity from the community to make
it happen as a true collective effort.
I was glad when Julian volunteered to drive the process.
If this one bug really bothers you enough to hold the planned release back
it makes me wonder why you didn't push for a fix much earlier. We have had
plenty of time. I don't mean to disrespect the fact that you may not have
had time recently -- we are all constraint for time these days.
But I also believe we shouldn't panic over every bug that slips into this
.0 release. It is OK to ship 1.10.0 with known bugs that aren't very
serious security / data corruption issues. There's a section in the
release notes which lists known issues. I would prefer to document this
memory consumption problem there and patch it like any other regular bug.
Received on 2018-03-02 16:07:27 CET