Queries/suggestions on svn_client_status6() and svn_client_patch_func_t...
--- subversion/include/svn_client.h (revision 1817399)
+++ subversion/include/svn_client.h (working copy)
@@ -2514,9 +2514,9 @@ typedef svn_error_t *(*svn_client_status
* *result_rev is not meaningful unless @a check_out_of_date is
- * - If @a check_working_copy is not set, do not scan the working
- * copy for local modifications. This parameter will be ignored
- * unless @a check_out_of_date is set. When set, the status
+ * - If @a check_working_copy is false, do not scan the working
+ * copy for local modifications. This parameter will be assumed true
+ * unless @a check_out_of_date is set. When false, the status
* report will not contain any information about local changes in
* the working copy; this includes local deletions and
@@ -7456,18 +7456,24 @@ svn_client_min_max_revisions(svn_revnum_
- * The callback invoked by svn_client_patch() before attempting to patch
- * the target file at @a canon_path_from_patchfile (the path as parsed from
- * the patch file, but in canonicalized form). The callback can set
- * @a *filtered to @c TRUE to prevent the file from being patched, or else
+ * The callback invoked by svn_client_patch() when patching each target file.
+ * Called after putting the patch result and any reject in temporary files,
+ * before moving those files to the real location to complete the patching.
+ * The callback can set @a *filtered to @c TRUE to prevent moving the
+ * temporary files to the real location to complete the patching, or else
* must set it to @c FALSE.
+ * @a canon_path_from_patchfile is the path as parsed from the patch file,
+ * but in canonicalized form.
* The callback is also provided with @a patch_abspath, the path of a
* temporary file containing the patched result, and with @a reject_abspath,
* the path to a temporary file containing the diff text of any hunks
* which were rejected during patching.
- * Because the callback is invoked before the patching attempt is made,
+ * ### ? Because the callback is invoked before the patching attempt is made,
* there is no guarantee that the target file will actually be patched
* successfully. Client implementations must pay attention to notification
* feedback provided by svn_client_patch() to find out which paths were
Received on 2017-12-07 18:03:08 CET