Towards a Shelving MVP
From: Julian Foad <julianfoad_at_apache.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2017 17:23:06 +0100
It seems Shelving in the current form is working out quite nicely. I'm
Hardening before being safe to use:
* Help text should contain a short introduction to how to use; set the
* Output should be verbose and clear about what is happening.
* The prototype should not delete patch files when unshelving, in case
* Must handle unsupported scenarios gracefully (e.g. kinds of changes
* If applying a patch fails in any way, or produces conflicts, it
* When 'unshelve' would touch an already modified file, consider
Some easy UI improvements for a better first impression:
* Let 'unshelve' choose the most recent shelved patch by default (like
* Let 'shelve' default to 'this working directory' and an automatic
* Tidy up the '--list' output. e.g. show age as minutes/hours/days;
There remain many limitations listed in , mainly of svn diff/patch,
Any thoughts please?
This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.