[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

trunk client fails during conflict resolution

From: Alexey Neyman <stilor_at_att.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 13:38:34 -0700

Hi,

Some time ago, in a separate email thread I was asked to try 1.10
client. I have been using it since, and today it showed an error during
merge:

Checking r12300... done
Tree conflict on '<dir>':
Directory merged from
'^/trunk/<dir>@12172'
to
'^/trunk/<dir>@12414'
was deleted by <user> in r12300.
A directory which differs from the corresponding directory on the merge
source branch was found in the working copy.
Select: (p) postpone, (r) accept current working copy state,
         (i) ignore incoming deletion, (a) accept incoming deletion,
         (h) help, (q) quit resolution: a
svn: warning: apr_err=SVN_ERR_WC_NOT_LOCKED
svn: warning: W155005: No write-lock in
'/home/aneyman/work/merge-shmem/lynxsecure/src/rif'
subversion/svn/merge-cmd.c:551,
subversion/svn/resolve-cmd.c:473:
(apr_err=SVN_ERR_WC_CONFLICT_RESOLVER_FAILURE)
svn: E155027: Failure occurred resolving one or more conflicts

Using svn compiled from r1763039.

What happened: while 'svn merge' was waiting for response, I decided to
find out if I had any local changes in the offending directory. In a
separate shell, I ran 'svn log --stop-on-copy <dir>' and then 'svn diff
-c REV <dir>', where REV is the revision reported by 'svn log' on that
directory. After that, I accepted incoming deletion, but the client
aborted the merge - see above.

On a separate note, the only revision reported on that directory by 'svn
log' was a previous merge from ^/trunk. I am not sure how it made the
^/mybranch/<dir> different from ^/trunk/<dir> - IMO, they should've been
identical. It would be helpful if 'svn merge' offered a verbose view on
what it deemed different.

Regards,
Alexey.
Received on 2016-10-18 22:38:59 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.