[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: New SHA1 property for nodes returned 'svn ls --xml' invocations.

From: Paul Hammant <paul_at_hammant.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 20:14:02 -0400

>
> Thanks for these details, they clarify the picture.
>

:)

> > I've read the ?kw=1 section of the release notes. My use case would not
> > need keyword replacement. In fact it would need it to be off.

> Are you sure? The only situations in which you'd need keywords
> expansion *off* is if your files *do* have svn:keywords set, but you
> used neither 'svn export' nor 'svn checkout' to extract the tree in the
> first place.
>

Files will come up and down to Svn with curl (not the svn client). I'm
taking advantage of auto-versioning (SVNAutoversioning == on). They'll be
binary, and potentially large too - movie sized. Definitely need keyword
expansion to be off. As a test, I'm using openssl to make huge files that
change wholly with every revision, and trying to find the top limits of
Subversion. Sadly I've only found the top limits of Docker on the mac so
far - 60GB.

> I gave you the wrong filename earlier, sorry; the correct one is
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/trunk/
> subversion/tests/greek-tree.txt
>
> But it's not important; your examples with subversion/mod_dav_svn/
> sufficed.
>
>
I read it anyway, thanks :)

- ph
Received on 2016-10-12 02:14:21 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.