On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 10:40:53AM +0200, Stefan Sperling wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 10:33:43AM +0200, Branko Čibej wrote:
> > On 18.04.2016 10:28, Stefan Sperling wrote:
> > > On Sun, Apr 17, 2016 at 06:47:35PM +0200, Branko Čibej wrote:
> > >> I've been looking at and fixing new compile-time warnings on trunk, and
> > >> noticed that the svn_client_resolve() function was deprecated in
> > >> r1730495 in favour of three new functions that are specialised for text,
> > >> property or tree conflict resolution.
> > >>
> > >> This change causes a deprecation warning to be emitted in
> > >> svn_cl__resolved(); and I'm fairly sure we shouldn't be calling
> > >> deprecated functions in the command-line client. (The warning probably
> > >> gets emitted from JavaHL too, but I haven't checked that.)
> > >>
> > >> This causes me to wonder if deprecating svn_client_resolve() is really
> > >> such a good idea. It forces API users to jump through hoops to discover
> > >> the conflict type(s) and then calling up to three functions to mark the
> > >> conflict(s) resolved instead of just one; effectively changing a
> > >> one-liner to an unwieldy bunch of code.
> > > I agree that, for non-interactive clients, calling 'svn_client_resolve()'
> > > is easier. Also, the new API has no equivalent for the 'depth' parameter of
> > > svn_client_resolve().
> > I find this just a bit confusing ... How can typing "svn resolved -R' at
> > the command prompt be considered non-interactive?
> How about this, then?
I think I've found an even better place to put this information:
--- subversion/include/svn_client.h (revision 1739704)
+++ subversion/include/svn_client.h (working copy)
@@ -4956,7 +4956,11 @@ svn_client_resolved(const char *path,
* - svn_wc_conflict_choose_unspecified
* invoke @a ctx->conflict_func2 with @a ctx->conflict_baton2 to obtain
* a resolution decision for each conflict. This can be used to
- * implement interactive conflict resolution.
+ * implement interactive conflict resolution but is NOT RECOMMENDED for
+ * new code. To perform conflict resolution based on interactive user
+ * input on a per-conflict basis, use svn_client_conflict_text_resolve(),
+ * svn_client_conflict_prop_resolve(), and
+ * svn_client_conflict_tree_resolve() instead of svn_client_resolve().
* #svn_wc_conflict_choose_theirs_conflict and
* #svn_wc_conflict_choose_mine_conflict are not legal for binary
@@ -4978,11 +4982,7 @@ svn_client_resolved(const char *path,
* @a path in order to be able to resolve tree-conflicts on @a path.
* @since New in 1.5.
- * @deprecated Provided for backward compatibility with the 1.9 API.
- * Use svn_client_conflict_text_resolve() , svn_client_conflict_prop_resolve(),
- * and svn_client_conflict_tree_resolve() instead.
svn_client_resolve(const char *path,
Received on 2016-04-18 10:44:30 CEST