> -----Original Message-----
> From: Ivan Zhakov [mailto:ivan_at_visualsvn.com]
> Sent: donderdag 24 september 2015 11:30
> To: Daniel Shahaf <d.s_at_daniel.shahaf.name>
> Cc: Evgeny Kotkov <evgeny.kotkov_at_visualsvn.com>; Stefan
> <luke1410_at_gmx.de>; Johan Corveleyn <jcorvel_at_gmail.com>; Bert Huijben
> <bert_at_qqmail.nl>; Subversion Development <dev_at_subversion.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: Announcing MaxSVN
> On 24 September 2015 at 00:38, Daniel Shahaf <d.s_at_daniel.shahaf.name>
> > Evgeny Kotkov wrote on Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 21:12:19 +0300:
> >> Stefan Hett <luke1410_at_gmx.de> writes:
> >> So, why not have a scheme that uses tag names when you build from a
> >> branch names when you build from a branch, and trunk when you build
> from trunk?
> >> You could split the builds in two separate groups when presenting to the
> >> say, like this:
> >> MaxSVN 1.9.0-1
> >> MaxSVN 1.8.14-1
> >> MaxSVN 1.7.22-1
> >> MaxSVN 1.7.21-1
> >> MaxSVN trunk-dev-r1704854
> >> MaxSVN 1.9.x-dev-r1701565
> >> MaxSVN 1.8.x-dev-r1701493
> >> MaxSVN 1.7.x-dev-r1700845
> > I think it's useful to have the "latest released SVN_VER_PATCH" value in
> > version number for easier reference. ("Is 1.7.x-dev-r1700845 before or
> > after 1.7.22?") So perhaps:
> > tag build: 1.8.14_0
> > branch snapshot: 1.8.x-dev-14-r1701565 (where '14' is the latest released
> value of SVN_VER_PATCH)
> > And in either case, optionally a build number at the end, if Stefan
> > decides to include that.
> Looks like acceptable solution for me.
I'm afraid we can discuss this topic forever.
Eventually Stefan has to decide how he wants to create his snapshot builds.
I don't think any of us wants to stop him from producing these builds, but I'm afraid adding more and more suggestions will eventually have that effect.
I think Stefan understands our concerns...
I suggest we let him come up with a solution that resolves most of our issues and only if there is a real problem with those builds we try to change things.
I'm sure Stefan won't call his builds 'Subversion releases', as he has that made clear in almost every of his mails. And as far as I know he isn't even looking at releasing production versions.
So let's try resolving this discussion into something actionable, instead of just delaying the availability of these binaries.
Perhaps Stefan can then focus on other things... I'm guessing that he will add valuable input on (and perhaps patches for) a lot of other features in the feature :-)
Received on 2015-09-24 12:35:49 CEST