[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: inconsistency between mergeinfo records

From: Johan Corveleyn <jcorvel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 15:34:13 +0200

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 3:18 PM, Stefan Fuhrmann
<stefan.fuhrmann_at_wandisco.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 2:33 PM, Stefan Hett <stefan_at_egosoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Stefan^2,
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 2:21 PM, Stefan Hett <stefan_at_egosoft.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Stefan,
>>>
>>> thanks for taking the time to write that tool.
>>> I've scheduled a time-slot to check this out/test on our side.
>>> Unfortunately, our current project plan doesn't provide enough free time to
>>> check this out in the next 2-4 weeks. I'll get back to you immediately once
>>> I got the time to work on this task.
>>
>>
>> No worries. The tool is intended to be released with 1.10,
>> so there is no rush.
>>
>> Finally I got along setting-up (what I think is) a working build
>> environment for the branch.
>
>
> Excellent, thank you!
>
>>
>> Building SVN now succeeds (120 warnings which I ignore for the time being
>> though), but when trying to start the built svn.exe process, I'm facing the
>> following error popup.
>>
>> ---------------------------
>> svn.exe - Entry Point Not Found
>> ---------------------------
>> The procedure entry point svn__apr_hash_index_key could not be located in
>> the dynamic link library libsvn_subr-1.dll.
>> ---------------------------
>> OK
>> ---------------------------
>>
>> Would u have any hint for me what might be wrong?
>> Checking-out the libsvn_subr-1.dll using Dependency Walker, I see that
>> there's indeed to reference to svn__apr_hash_index_key in that dll.
>
>
> I looks like the executable picked up the wrong SVN DLLs
> (probably the ones installed on your system). You would
> need to harvest the DLLs from the the binary output folder -
> one per sub-directory, IIRC.
>
> Aside from that, I updated the svn-mergeinfo-normalizer
> branch to catch up with the latest 1.9 code. So, it should
> be able to e.g. use the upcoming 1.9 binaries at the moment.

Maybe you can use the Makefile in
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/trunk/tools/dev/windows-build,
or parts of it. I'm using a variant of that myself. Running the "all1"
target (nmake all1) builds the __ALL__ target with msbuild, and then
the "package" target, which does this:

[[[
package:
    test -d $(SVNDIR)\$(CONFIG)\Subversion\tests\cmdline || mkdir
$(SVNDIR)\$(CONFIG)\Subversion\tests\cmdline
    test -d $(TARGETDIR)\bin || mkdir $(TARGETDIR)\bin
    for %%i in (svn svnadmin svndumpfilter svnlook svnserve svnsync
svnversion svnrdump svnmucc) do @$(CP)
$(CONFIG)\subversion\%%i\%%i.exe $(TARGETDIR)\bin
    for %%i in (diff diff3 diff4) do @if exist
$(CONFIG)\tools\diff\%%i.exe $(CP) $(CONFIG)\tools\diff\%%i.exe
$(TARGETDIR)\bin
    $(CP) $(APRDIR)\$(CONFIG)/*.dll $(TARGETDIR)\bin
    $(CP) $(APRUTILDIR)\$(CONFIG)/*.dll $(TARGETDIR)\bin
    $(CP) $(APRICONVDIR)\$(CONFIG)/*.dll $(TARGETDIR)\bin
    $(CP) $(OPENSSLDIR)\out32dll/*.dll $(TARGETDIR)\bin
    for %%i in (client delta diff fs ra repos subr wc) do @$(CP)
$(CONFIG)\subversion\libsvn_%%i\*.dll $(TARGETDIR)\bin
]]]

(you need test.exe from unixutils or something similar for it to work)

That copies all exe's and dll's nicely to the dist\bin subdirectory
(which you can then put in your PATH (or cd into it) to test it).

-- 
Johan
Received on 2015-06-23 15:34:49 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.