[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

RE: svn commit: r1667280 - in /subversion/trunk/subversion: libsvn_wc/merge.c tests/cmdline/merge_tests.py

From: Bert Huijben <bert_at_qqmail.nl>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 22:11:28 +0100

> -----Original Message-----
> From: stsp_at_apache.org [mailto:stsp_at_apache.org]
> Sent: dinsdag 17 maart 2015 13:05
> To: commits_at_subversion.apache.org
> Subject: svn commit: r1667280 - in /subversion/trunk/subversion:
> libsvn_wc/merge.c tests/cmdline/merge_tests.py
>
> Author: stsp
> Date: Tue Mar 17 12:05:10 2015
> New Revision: 1667280
>
> URL: http://svn.apache.org/r1667280
> Log:
> Always install a .mine file for conflicted binary files, not just in
> case the binary file was detranslated.
>
> This makes the 'mine-full' option work again from the conflict prompt.
> Before this change, an assertion in libsvn_wc failed when the 'mine-full'
> option was used since no path for 'mine' was recorded in conflict storage.

I think it is better to make the interactive conflict resolver work the way we always installed binary conflicts since 1.0, than to change the way we install conflict markers for a bugfix of the conflict resolver.

In case of conflicts of a binary file there is no pre-merged file with conflict markers and therefore we just leave the 'mine' file just where it is... At the original location.
(For text conflicts we move it to a different location, and then install the pre-merged file with conflict markers there)

This patch introduces a second copy of the same file, while clients always had to handle this case for 1.0-1.8 anyway.

If the interactive conflict resolver needs a patch, we should probably also backport this patch.

        Bert
Received on 2015-03-17 22:12:49 CET

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.