[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: svn commit: r1618219 - /subversion/trunk/build/generator/gen_win_dependencies.py

From: Evgeny Kotkov <evgeny.kotkov_at_visualsvn.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 03:50:55 +0400

Hi Branko,

> May I suggest that you add the missing %s placeholder instead? I expect the
> whole point of trying to print the path is to make it easier for the
> developer to debug her configuration.
> -- Brnae

I assume that you are familiar with the gen_win_dependencies.py code, so
you should realize that adding the path *instead* would be inconsistent with
other diagnostic messages we print for unresolved dependencies. For
example, with the one in _find_apr():

  ERROR: 'apr_version' not found.
  Use '--with-apr' option to configure APR location.

Currently, we do not output any paths in these messages, unless we know
an exact location (usually, a path to a header file) to point at. We do not
know that with SQLite, and that is why I did what I did – got rid of the
cryptic 'TypeError' stacktrace while keeping things consistent.

I agree that it would be nice to make the corresponding path a part of our
messages. Probably, we can improve all of them (not just the one related to
SQLite) so that they would include this information, and I am going to look
into doing this.

Evgeny Kotkov
Received on 2014-08-17 01:51:44 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.