[VOTE] Merge svn-auth-x509 branch to trunk?
From: Ben Reser <ben_at_reser.org>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2014 22:49:11 -0700
I believe the svn-auth-x509 branch is ready to be merged to trunk. There is no
Currently on trunk we have the `svn auth` command that can list out the
Prior to the current implementation there were several other implementations
The purpose of the branch is to replace the dependency on some other code with
There are 6 basic pieces to this branch.
1) The X.509 parser itself and the accessor functions to get at the data in the
2) New functions for handling converting from UCS-2, UCS-4 and ISO-8859-1 by
3) Removal of the code that adds the extra keys to the auth store. See the
4) Adjustments to JavaHL to reflect these changes. Confined to JavaHL files.
5) Updating the auth command to use the new functions and not the keys on
6) Our code to convert a checksum into a displayable string has been changed to
You can get the diff with:
Per the decision in Berlin 2013, I'm asking for a vote to bring this branch
This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.