On 3/4/14, 2:23 AM, Ben Reser wrote:
> The 1.9.0-alpha2 release artifacts are now available for testing/signing.
> Please get the tarballs from
> and add your signatures there. There's no particular schedule to this it's
> ready when it's ready.
So it's looking like the vote to change the policy for voting for alpha/beta
release is going to pass (it will have been 72 hours since I started the vote
If for any reason the changing in the policy impacts any votes that have been
cast in this thread please speak up as soon as possible. I'm going to assume
that nobody is changing their votes unless they say otherwise.
My plan is to stage the release Thursday after the vote passes. But I will
delay releasing until Monday morning for a couple reason. First I'll be
traveling on Friday when I could do the release and I don't really want to
juggle a release while making my flight. Second, Friday releases are less than
ideal because by the time I'm doing them (US time) then Europe is already
heading home for the last day of the week. So I'd rather delay till Monday.
This has the added benefit of giving everyone a few days to respond if they object.
Summary: 1.9.0-alpha2 staging morning of Thursday April 10th (US Time).
Release announcement 9am US/PDT (-0700) Monday April 14th.
Received on 2014-04-09 16:55:11 CEST