[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

RE: SVN 1.8.3 crash (witrhin TSVN)

From: Bert Huijben <bert_at_qqmail.nl>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 10:45:31 +0200

> -----Original Message-----
> From: BIRD Neil [mailto:Neil.BIRD_at_uk.thalesgroup.com]
> Sent: vrijdag 25 oktober 2013 10:00
> To: 'dev_at_subversion.apache.org'
> Subject: SVN 1.8.3 crash (witrhin TSVN)
> Just encountered the following while doing an update; the TSVN output
> had just warned of a file conflict, then come back with thinking it had
> automatically resolved it:
> <snip-and-edited>
> Updated: OTHER.h text/plain
> Completed: At revision: 1547
> Warning!: One or more files are in a conflicted state.
> Updated: PATH\PROJ.sln
> Completed: At revision: 1547
> Resolved: PATH\PROJ.sln
> A subsequent update has done nothing further, and claims it's done OK.

Can you post an 'svn status' output of your working copy?

Without this (or a reproduction script that shows us in what state your working is in) your bug report contains not enough information to diagnose.

> In file
> 'D:\Development\SVN\Releases\TortoiseSVN-
> 1.8.2\ext\subversion\subversion\libsvn_wc\wc_db_update_move.c'
> line 1039: assertion failed (move_dst_revision ==
> expected_move_dst_revision
> || status == svn_wc__db_status_not_present)

It is quite possible that the issue is resolved in Subversion 1.8.4, via the issue #4436 fixes, but it is hard to tell without a way to reproduce.
(I know I got this exact error when I wrote a reproduction test for issue #4436 and it was gone when it was fixed)

There are still a few related problems open on trunk, but we need some good regression tests to see how we need to fix these, and if these cases match your problem.

Received on 2013-10-25 10:46:21 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.