Re: [PATCH] Change error reporting for xlate problems
On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 04:55:16PM +0000, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 02:06:02AM -0400, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> > It's probably better to just check APR_HAS_XLATE and return an error in
> > svnsync if that's 0...and let the string pass through unmodified - which is
> > probably fine for svnsync case...or perhaps go a step further and just
> > refuse to build svnsync if iconv isn't supported as we might not be able to
> > guarantee the integrity of the sync'd logs. I'm not sure how paranoid we
> > need to be here. -- justin
> I'd be happy with just not calling into utf.c on log messages at all when
> --source-prop-encoding isn't used.
r1503009. I'll wait for more discussion before committing the patch to make
EINVAL/ENOTIMPL fatal errors.
Received on 2013-07-14 20:10:23 CEST
This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev