svn quick-start idea
From: Gabriela Gibson <gabriela.gibson_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 20:51:31 +0100
'Quick-starts' is an idea for setting up a info-style help system that
Quick-starts are short 'cooking recipes' that help users get from A to
Here is how it all would (probably) look:
$ svn --quick-start help
=> --qs topics list the available topics
$ svn --qs topics
=> Repository, Propset, Diff, Log, Merge, ..., Tricks, .....
$ svn --qs Repository
1. make a local repository with local branches for one user
$ svn --quick-start Repository 1
=> Make a local repository with local branches for one user
* it's OS dependent.
* It adds documentation chores.
* it's a group project for devs and users.
* it's within svn, where you need it, if you do. If you have to switch
* it helps devs to quickly understand how parts of svn are used which
* it's searchable. If you want to see in what constructs and
* it allows implementation of an elective daily tip feature (I find
* it can be built over time, the starter kit is done if we have
* devs can populate it as they go along, and users can contribute.
* Users could add their own site-specific section(s) for their local
* it would act as the canonical source for quick-starts. The web has
have a great weekend,
This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.