Re: 1.8 new public API review (mostly) complete.
From: Julian Foad <julianfoad_at_btopenworld.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 16:23:11 +0100 (BST)
Let's move this along.
C. Michael Pilato wrote:
I've just posted a proposal for the automatic merge APIs, which expect I can complete by tomorrow.
In your API review page <http://wiki.apache.org/subversion/Svn18ApiReview>, there isn't much more that needs to be done, and none of it looks critical to do before branching. In the "needs review" section:
* The new fs_info and repos_info APIs. Has anybody reviewed these?
* The new svn_error_symbolic_name(). Has anybody reviewed this?
In the "needs attention" section:
* The merge APIs, which I'm attending to.
* The auth cleanup stuff, which C-Mike seems to have already atttended to.
* Two TODO comments. Do these need to be done before branching or are they just notes of things that we'd like to do some day?
So shall we get this branch branched very soon? For the sake of making a decision, I'll suggest that we should try hard to get the things above resolved by the end of tomorrow, and that even if we don't they are not blockers, so:
Let's branch on Friday.
Any support or objections?
This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.