Re: Fold the merge_automatic API into the existing merge_peg API
From: Julian Foad <julianfoad_at_btopenworld.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 14:14:40 +0100 (BST)
Julian Foad wrote on 2013-04-01:
The issues are:
* Do we want the API to be a special case of pegged merge, or a
* What API should we use to access the 'svn mergeinfo' information?
* Make the 'automatic merge' APIs private, leaving svn_merge_peg5(
* Deprecate svn_client_merge_reintegrate().
* For getting a mergeinfo graph, combine the 'find_automatic_merge'
The 'automatic merge' performs a merge of 'all changes up to rX' from
* Use the 'pegged merge' API with a null revision range.
* Use the dedicated 'automatic merge' APIs.
- The 'automatic merge' API is split into 'find' and 'do' parts.
- With svn_client_merge_peg5(), passing 'ignore_mergeinfo' returns
- The flags for allowing the target WC to have mixed revs, switched
Review of merge APIs new or changed in 1.8:
- See the proposal above.
- The two meanings of the old 'ignore ancestry' are now controlled by separate 'ignore_mergeinfo' and 'diff_ignore_ancestry' flags. I think this is fine.
- The two meanings of the old 'ignore ancestry' are now separated. 'automatic merge' behaviour is now available, by passing in a null revision range. I think this is fine.
- This has just grown a revision range input. I think this is fine except the interpretation of 'unspecified' revisions could be cleaner.
I'll make this happen as proposed above, ASAP, unless I receive other suggestions in the meantime.
This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.