one question about the editor in libsvn_ra_svn/editorp.c
* Both the client and server in the svn protocol need to drive and
* consume editors. For a commit, the client drives and the server
* consumes; for an update/switch/status/diff, the server drives and
* the client consumes. This file provides a generic framework for
* marshalling and unmarshalling editor operations over an svn
* connection; both ends are useful for both server and client.
I am wondering why we need the concept of editor here in SVN. What does it
mean by "for a commit, the client drives and the server consumes
(editors)"? I am thinking a commit operation, can't we just simply send the
delta from the client to the server? Why editor?
Received on 2013-03-31 00:38:01 CET
This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev