Gabriela Gibson wrote:
> On 21/03/13 15:05, Julian Foad wrote:
>> - Does Subversion provide good labels? I have been using
>> 'diff3-cmd' configured to run kdiff3, and the labels Subversion passes
>> to it are like '.mine', '.r1459015' and '.r1459080' -- they don't
>> include the file name at all, which makes it very hard to see what
>> file I'm being asked to merge. (Maybe the diff3-cmd option was
>> never designed to run a GUI diff tool? But I do it.) And for
>> 'merge-tool-cmd' it doesn't appear to pass any labels at the moment.
>> What a lot of inconsistency to sort out. But if the labels passed
>> to the diff-cmd are always good, you don't worry about this yet.
> Thank you for the well-thought-out response. It cleared up some
> misconceptions, and yes, I did think of merge there. :)
> I have to think about your letter in detail a little more before I can
> say anymore.
Of course. Glad it helps.
> ps.: I think that the issue with kdiff3 is with the label
> handling. The section below suggests to me that kdiff3 is dropping
> some info from the label it has been passed:
> g_at_musashi:~/tmp/test-wc$ $SVN diff
> Index: testfile
> Dumping @ARGV...
> Arg 0 is >-u<
> Arg 1 is >-L<
> Arg 2 is >testfile (revision 1)<
> Arg 3 is >-L<
> Arg 4 is >testfile (working copy)<
No, your test there is with "svn diff", whereas my issue is about the "diff3-cmd" configuration, which is used to *merge* files during svn update, svn switch or svn merge. I used a script like yours, that log the arguments that are being passed to it, and the exact arguments Subversion passed to it were: -E -m -L .mine -L .r1458321 -L .r1459485 and then the *three* input files.
Received on 2013-03-21 21:34:53 CET