Re: having revprops (eg svn:log) in start-commit
From: C. Michael Pilato <cmpilato_at_collab.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 12:28:00 -0400
After IRC conversation between myself, brane, markphip, stsp, danielsh, and
* that 'start-commit' is today useful for making a repository "truly
* rather, the use-cases we were collectively aware of involved ensuring
* changing 'start-commit' to be invoked after txn creation and txnprop
- allow existing start-commit hooks to continue to provide the
- allow hook authors to create/amend their start-commit hooks to
* besides, philip's freeze/unfreeze offers a far more logical way to
So, based on the above, the my new plan of action is as follows:
1. Revert the addition of the 'init-commit' hook script feature.
Bert asked the question of what would trigger the new start-commit behavior
-- C. Michael Pilato <cmpilato_at_collab.net> CollabNet <> www.collab.net <> Enterprise Cloud Development
This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.