On 17.07.2012 03:36, Greg Stein wrote:
> On Jul 16, 2012 1:45 AM, "Rainer Jung" <rainer.jung_at_kippdata.de
> <mailto:rainer.jung_at_kippdata.de>> wrote:
> > Now: Daniel changed something w.r.t. my LDAP groups at around 20:18.
> The first attempt after that was still not successful, but maybe it took
> a few seconds to propagate or something. So I'd say we close this issue.
> I'd be curious what that LDAP change was, just to ensure it could be
> related. (eg. adding commit privs to Tomcat is unlikely to have fixed an
> httpd commit)
He added me to the httpd group, so yes, related.
But: I was able to commit to httpd for years, last commit before the
problem was on February 26:
I think I noticed that I wasn't in the httpd group some years ago but
didn't bother because everything worked. So if I remember right the
group wasn't lost recently. It is kind of unclear why this still worked
in Feb. but no longer this week. But IMHO it's more of an infra question
than a subversion dev thing.
Mostly an unfortunate chain of things to happen
- observed commit problem
- got the info that svn was read-only and should be back to read/write
- tried again without success, waited a few hours
- upgraded svn client, tried again without success
- then info that httpd group is missing, added to the httpd group
- tried again without success
- then tried with the serf config option not noticing the typo
- hurray: success
- thought it could be a bug because it seemed to work with serf
and not with neon. But in fact was using neon all the time
due to typo in config option
- then tried later without any option and again it worked
Received on 2012-07-17 08:45:09 CEST