[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: Incorrect LastChangedRev in working copy after committing directory move + modified file in subdir

From: Johan Corveleyn <jcorvel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 13:21:35 +0200

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 1:15 PM, Johan Corveleyn <jcorvel_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 12:56 PM, Vincent Lefevre <vincent-svn_at_vinc17.net> wrote:
>> On 2012-06-27 16:33:23 +0200, Johan Corveleyn wrote:
>>> I noticed this while investigating (other) problems with incorrect
>>> LastChangedRev's (subtle form of working copy corruption):
>> It seems to be the same thing I had reported here:
>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/subversion-dev/201206.mbox/%3C20120619010211.GE5263%40xvii.vinc17.org%3E
>> and
>> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=678075
> No, it's not the same issue (the issue you reported is, let's say,
> open for discussion, and I don't think the 1.7 behavior is wrong ...
> it's just different from 1.6).
> The issue I'm reporting in this thread is that the LastChangedRev
> differs between 'svn info subdir' and 'svn info
> url-of-subdir_at_workingrev-of-subdir'. That seems wrong, it means that
> the working copy (from where the move was committed) has a
> LastChangedRev that's different from the repository and from any other
> working copy that's checked out (from that same working revision).
> Note that this is only the LastChangedRev of the intermediate subdir
> which I'm talking about, so I don't think there's an impact on Keyword
> Substitution.

I just tested my scenario with 1.6: it doesn't have the same issue
(subdir has LastChangedRev 3 in both the working copy and the
repository). So this is a regression in 1.7.

Received on 2012-07-03 13:22:30 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.