Re: Use svn_sort__array_delete() instead of a copying loop - not working
From: Julian Foad <julianfoad_at_btopenworld.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 14:06:08 +0000 (GMT)
I (Julian Foad) wrote:
OK I've found the problem. It's these lines in do_directory_merge():
svn_merge_range_t *first_target_range = APR_ARRAY_IDX(
if (first_target_range && ...)
It's not valid to assume that element 0 will read as a null pointer when the array is empty. That happened to be the case, but when I change the delete-an-element code to use svn_sort__array_delete(), that is no longer the case. Easy to fix.
I should be able to complete and commit the patch now. The patch will replace in-line code with a call to svn_sort__array_delete() or svn_sort__array_insert() or apr_array_cat() in a few places, not just the one place that I showed in this thread.
This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.