[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: Failing test svnsync_tests.py 28: copy and reencode non-UTF-8 svn:* props

From: David Darj <zid_at_alagazam.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2011 23:09:11 +0200

On 2011-09-02 00:02, Johan Corveleyn wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 11:29 PM, David Darj<zid_at_alagazam.net> wrote:
>> On 2011-08-28 20:34, Johan Corveleyn wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I get a test failure of svnsync_tests.py 28: copy and reencode
>>> non-UTF-8 svn:* props. The following error appears:
>>>
>>> svnsync: E720087: Can't convert string from 'ISO-8859-3' to 'UTF-8':
>>> svnsync: E720087: 2011-01-11T20:57:24.206641Z
>>>
>>> See also fails.log in attachment.
>>>
>>> This happens on 1.7.x as well as on trunk. On Windows XP (Visual C
>>> Express 2008).
>>>
>>> ISTR that this error is already there for quite some time, but I
>>> didn't yet take the time to investigate further (and my build
>>> environment was broken for some time). I guess it has something to do
>>> with r1084335, which introduced functionality to let svnsync translate
>>> properties that were not encoded in UTF-8.
>>>
>>> Is anyone else seeing this? Any ideas?
>>>
>> I've also seen this on my VC6 build for beta3.
>> Didn't give it any attention then as it's "just a beta".
>> Would be nice if anyone have any clues to the reason.
>>
>> /David a.k.a Alagazam
>>
> Any of the other Windows devs seen this? If not, could it be a
> difference in compiler or OS, or different set of dependencies?
>
> Any idea what could be the cause, and what to do about it?
>
> FYI, I used these dependencies:
> Httpd 2.2.19
> Apr 1.4.5 (as included with httpd)
> Apr-Util 1.3.12 (as included with httpd)
> Apr-Iconv 1.2.1 (as included with httpd)
> Neon 0.29.6
> OpenSSL 1.0.0d
> Serf 1.0.0
> SQLite 3.7.7.1
> ZLib 1.2.5
>
> Build environment: Visual C++ 2008 Express on Windows XP SP3.
>
Just for the record...here is my build environment and dependencies:
(I've seen this on beta3,rc1 and rc2, never built trunk and previous betas)

for beta3 and rc1:
APR 1.4.5
APR-util 1.3.12
APR-Iconv 1.2.1
BDB 4.4.20 (4.8.30 for rc2)
libintl 0.14.1 (patched as supplied with svn 1.6.x dependencies)
Neon 0.28.3 (0.29.6 for rc2)
OpenSSL 0.9.8r (1.0.0d for rc2)
Serf 0.3.0 (1.0.0 for rc2)
sqlite 3.7.6.3 (3.7.7.1 for rc2)
zlib 1.2.5

for rc2 I've updated these:
BDB 4.8.30
Neon 0.29.6
OpenSSL 1.0.0d
Serf 1.0.0
sqlite 3.7.7.1

My build environment if WinXP SP3 fully patched, VisualStudio 6 sp 6,
Platform SDK Feb 2003 (latest for VS6)

/David a.k.a Alagazam
Received on 2011-09-05 23:09:45 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.