It has to do with the 'merge --reintegrate'.
IIUC reintegrate merge just records the svn:mergeinfo after the "url to url merge" without bothering about *full single line of continuous history a.k.a single location segment* of merge source. I mean reintegrate merge should record the mergeinfo as per the outcome of location segments report.
From: Paul Burba [mailto:ptburba_at_gmail.com]
Sent: Thu 7/14/2011 9:18 PM
To: Prabhu Gnana Sundar Ponnarasu
Subject: Re: (Possible) bug in the way we track the mergeinfo property
On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 11:35 AM, Prabhu Gnana Sundar
> Hi all,
> I am in the process of writing a script which would check for the mergeinfo
> of a path and see if the path is present through all the revisions mentioned
> in the mergeinfo property. If the path was not found for any revision range
> then the script would suggest(as of now) a better way to propget the
> mergeinfo property or even propset the correct mergeinfo property (not yet
> decided on this though).
> In the process of testing the script against our "trunk" source I could see
> some bogus mergeinfo properties when there is a break in the history.
> Here is an example:
> The mergeinfo for
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/branches/tree-conflicts is
> but if I do location_segments for this range of revision for the above path,
> I get
> r868291 - r872329: subversion/branches/tree-conflicts
> r872330 - r872524: null
> r872525 - r873154: subversion/branches/tree-conflicts
> After looking at log -v, it was clear that the
> "subversion/branches/tree-conflicts" was deleted and copied (i.e replaced).
> Logically the branch "tree-conflicts" was not present at all at the revision
> range r872330-872524.
> This brings a breakage of history. But the mergeinfo is not clear enough to
> show this change.
> I tested the same case with the 1.6.12, 1.6.17 and the trunk builds. The
> (possible) bug is seen in all the three cases.
> I have not yet filed any bug so far. Please share your thoughts.
There are a few known issues where mergeinfo can be created which
describes non-existent merge sources:
One still open:
Two which have been fixed:
I might be forgetting a couple others, but those are the ones that come to mind.
You might want to check if one of those three is the culprit here.
Received on 2011-07-14 19:05:28 CEST