On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 2:18 PM, Hyrum K Wright <hyrum_at_hyrumwright.org> wrote:
> The next in our series of 1.7.0 prereleases is now posted for testing
> and signing: 1.7.0-alpha3. These are cut from trunk, and the magic
> rev is r1143483. The buildbots were green at that rev, and all tests
> pass for me locally. You can find them here:
> The number of known issues since the first couple of alpha releases
> has decreased, and the purpose of this release continues to be to give
> distributors and downstream consumers a concrete milestone against
> which to test, as well as vet our release processes on ASF
> infrastructure. As you may expect, these prereleases are intended for
> intrepid users and testers only. The new release scripts appear to be
> behaving themselves, though any reports to the contrary would be of
> great interest.
> I hope to get signatures from folks by the end of Friday, July 8, and
> then do the public announcement. Historically, we've not required a
> full set of signatures for alphas and betas, but it would be nice to
> get at least some coverage besides just my own. As you send in your
> signature announcement, please note any issues you found with this
> release (these will be included in the public announcement).
> Please send sigs here:
>  I did have trouble with the perl bindings, but I think that it's a
> local issue, since all of the tests failed. Confirmation one way or
> the other would be nice.
+1 to release
Hyrum's sig for
Other than the expected differences in
is the same as https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/trunk@1143483.
[Release-Build] x[ fsfs | bdb ] x [ file | svn | http (neon) | http (serf) ]
Ruby bindings (locally patched as described here: )
MS Windows 7 Home Premium 6.1.7600 Build 7600
Intel Core i7 M 620 2.67GHz 4 GB RAM
Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Version 9.0.30729.1 SP
Python: 2.6.6 (ActivePython 220.127.116.11)
Ruby: ruby 1.8.7
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (MingW32)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Note that collect_sigs.py failed for me as well, an call trace is attached.
 When I first ran the 8-way tests this API test failed each time:
svn_tests: E125001: Couldn't determine absolute path of 'D:\dir'
svn_tests: E020024: The given path is misformatted or contained
FAIL: dirent_uri-test.exe 35: test svn_dirent_condense_targets
I re-ran that test individually last night and it failed. I put it
aside till this morning and a fresh reboot later it passes (*no*
rebuild of the binaries and both debug and release builds work). Not
sure what to make of this, I've never seen anything like it before,
but I can no longer reproduce it.
Received on 2011-07-07 15:32:34 CEST