fsfs revprop packing in f5 Re: Does fsfs revprop packing no longer allow usage of traditional backup software?
From: Daniel Shahaf <danielsh_at_elego.de>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 19:47:23 +0300
This thread is now the only non-FSFS release blocker (filed as #3944).
Some suggestions were
0. Leave things as they are
1. Allow packing revisions without packing revprops.
2. Have all revprops in the DB all the time, never in plain files.
3. Swap the DB for some other "A thousand revision's revprops in one
Can we decide on what to do here?
* (1) is orthogonal to the others, but may be a good idea if we refactor
* (2) simplifies things, doesn't solve the problems with having an
* (3) has my +1, assuming it's sufficiently performant and the concrete
* (0) would mean that if we refactor revprop storage later, 1.8 servers
This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.