[RFC] Remove check for maximal version of SWIG
SWIG is not required for building of SWIG-based bindings from release tarballs, which contain
some SWIG-generated files. `configure` prints a warning, when a version of SWIG newer than
hardcoded maximal version is detected. The maximal version very often becomes outdated (e.g.
currently 2.0.4 is the newest available version) and for the long time there hasn't been any
problem caused by new version of SWIG itself. I suggest to remove check for maximal version
of SWIG. (`configure` from 1.6.x branch prints a warning when SWIG >=1.3.37 is detected.)
--- build/ac-macros/swig.m4 (revision 1132477)
+++ build/ac-macros/swig.m4 (working copy)
@@ -92,15 +92,12 @@
- if test -n "$SWIG_VERSION" &&
- test "$SWIG_VERSION" -ge "103024" &&
- test "$SWIG_VERSION" -le "200002"; then
+ if test -n "$SWIG_VERSION" && test "$SWIG_VERSION" -ge "103024"; then
AC_MSG_WARN([Detected SWIG version $SWIG_VERSION_RAW])
- AC_MSG_WARN([Subversion requires 1.3.24 or later, and is known to work])
- AC_MSG_WARN([with versions up to 2.0.2])
+ AC_MSG_WARN([Subversion requires SWIG 1.3.24 or later])
--- subversion/bindings/swig/INSTALL (revision 1132477)
+++ subversion/bindings/swig/INSTALL (working copy)
@@ -65,7 +65,7 @@
Step 1: Install a suitable version of SWIG (which is
- currently swig version 1.3.24 - 2.0.2).
+ currently SWIG version 1.3.24 or later).
* Perhaps your distribution packages a suitable version - if it does
install it, and skip to the last bullet point in this section.
Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis
Received on 2011-06-05 21:11:57 CEST
This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev