[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: [PATCH] Speed-up of libsvn_diff using token counts

From: Morten Kloster <morklo_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 17:56:25 +0200

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 1:35 AM, Johan Corveleyn <jcorvel_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 12:44 PM, Johan Corveleyn <jcorvel_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> ...
> I'll get into some more testing and reviewing tomorrow or the day
> after (unless someone else beats me to it :-)).
> Cheers,
> --
> Johan

I had trouble getting any reliable time differences between the
unpatched and patched versions. By putting the token counting
in a x300 loop, I got an increase in running time of ~10% for my
test file (a 40MB file - the output from all my merge.c diffs -
against a copy where I have changed the first and last line, as
you suggested)... that was with ignore eol, but not whitespace.
So here it looks like the patch barely increases running time at
all; almost all the time is spent reading the files and assigning

Received on 2011-06-01 17:57:01 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.