[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: svn commit: r959954 - /subversion/trunk/subversion/libsvn_wc/wc.h

From: Joe Swatosh <joe.swatosh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 07:32:30 -0700

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 1:21 AM, Bert Huijben <bert_at_qqmail.nl> wrote:
>
>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Joe Swatosh [mailto:joe.swatosh_at_gmail.com]
>> Sent: vrijdag 30 juli 2010 3:50

>
> Julian is looking at the issue now.
>
> There is one more issue in the Ruby tests and you might be able to give me a
> hint on where I can fix this.
>
> Shortly before switching to in-db properties I made it an error to update
> properties on nodes that shouldn't have editable properties. (E.g. deleted
> nodes)
>
> The Ruby tests trigger this error when they try to delete some mergeinfo,
> but this error is a few levels deep in some lambda processing so I find it
> hard to find out what the expected status should be here.
>

Thanks to you and Julian for fixing this!

Those merge test failures are the other thing I was looking at when I
confused myself about which revision started causing which failures.
The merge tests in the Ruby bindings drive me nuts. They are
complicated and fragile, and I don't like that they mess about with
the mergeinfo property directly; mergeinfo _feels_ like it should be
an implementation detail. So, while I was reasonably sure that the
bindings weren't the problem in what you tested and Julian fixed, I'm
going to have to spend some time with these to figure out what is
what.

What you describe above is true, but my initial tracing (just doing a
svn st just before the delete) shows that the node already has
property modifications (svn:mergeinfo is the only property), but isn't
marked for deletion.

--
Joe
Received on 2010-07-30 16:33:10 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.