On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 5:04 PM, Bert Huijben <bert_at_qqmail.nl> wrote:
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: pburba_at_apache.org [mailto:pburba_at_apache.org]
>> Sent: donderdag 22 juli 2010 21:43
>> To: commits_at_subversion.apache.org
>> Subject: svn commit: r966822 - in /subversion/trunk/subversion:
>> libsvn_client/repos_diff.c tests/cmdline/merge_tests.py
>> Author: pburba
>> Date: Thu Jul 22 19:43:08 2010
>> New Revision: 966822
>> URL: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=966822&view=rev
>> Fix issue #3657 'phantom svn:eol-style changes cause spurious merge
>> * subversion/libsvn_client/repos_diff.c
>> (change_file_prop): Only stash true property differences in the file
>> baton. The DAV RA providers may be sending us all the properties on
>> file, not just the differences.
> Shouldn't this be fixed in the ra layer implementations then?
From what Mike told me in
didn't think so. I assumed that some users of the svn_delta_editor_t
rely on this behavior, since we are quite purposeful about it...but
looking again at the docstring for change_file_prop, it seems clear
that if anybody is relying on this behavior, they are wrong:
/** Change the value of a file's property.
* - @a file_baton specifies the file whose property should change.
* - @a name is the name of the property to change.
* - @a value is the new (final) value of the property, or @c NULL if the
* property should be removed altogether.
* The callback is guaranteed to be called exactly once for each property
* whose value differs between the start and the end of the edit.
* All allocations should be performed in @a pool.
svn_error_t *(*change_file_prop)(void *file_baton,
const char *name,
const svn_string_t *value,
I'll revisit this tomorrow.
> This would be just 'guessing' if it is a change or a complete set.
Received on 2010-07-22 23:56:48 CEST