[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

RE: xdelta, svndiff, zlib, or some other problem

From: Edward Ned Harvey <svn_at_nedharvey.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 11:41:26 -0400

> From: Edward Ned Harvey [mailto:svn_at_nedharvey.com]
>
> I'll repost with more specifics once I have them, but for now, I'm just
> asking for advice on how to get better specifics.

Well, I do have one important new development.

Background info:
In production, where the problem was first noticed, we're running 1.5.0 for
both the server and client. During experimentation here, I first reproduced
the problem in 1.5.7, and then 1.6.12. So I had concluded that the problem
exists even in the latest. However... Yes, I obliterated and recreated my
working copy with 1.6.12. Yes I was able to see the problem with 1.6.12
using all local disk and file:///. But I never upgraded my repo. The repo
was created in 1.5.0 or 1.5.7. Even though I'm accessing the repo with the
latest, it was created older than that.

News:
I started from scratch today. Built 1.6.12 fresh from source. Created a
new repo. Checked out into a new working copy. Attempted to recreate the
problem, and failed to recreate.

I may take exception:
http://subversion.apache.org/docs/release-notes/1.6.html
says "There is no need to dump and reload your repositories. Subversion 1.6
can read repositories created by earlier versions."

I'll solidify my findings, and I expect that I'll recommend updating the
above message. But that's just a prediction for now. ;-) Right now, it
seems, it should be recommended to dump/reload repository when upgrading
from 1.5 to 1.6

More details later.
Received on 2010-07-05 17:42:12 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.