[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: Exception in blame.c, line 487 encountered

From: Daniel Shahaf <d.s_at_daniel.shahaf.name>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 22:14:50 +0300 (Jerusalem Daylight Time)

CC += dev@

Patrick Kursawe wrote on Tue, 29 Jun 2010 at 13:42 -0000:
> Am 6/28/2010 10:38 PM, schrieb Daniel Shahaf:
> [...]
> > Wow.
> > NICE.
> >
> > You're the first person I know of to be able to build Subversion on
> > Windows without fighting with it for days/weeks before... (and you even
> > have a working debug environment)
> >
> > How did you do that?
> >
> >
> If I had known this, I hadn't tried. Well, it was quite some fight,
> and I don't remember all the gory details. I remember that I had to
> add a lot of library paths and lib-files to the projects manually and
> that it somehow helped to use the static libraries wherever available.
> After grep-ing for a while to find all object and lib files which
> could resolve all those unresolved symbols, I still got a problem with
> _inflate_fast from zlib. I built zlib again this time using masm and
> finally I could link svn.exe (didn't try to build any other
> executable). In the debugger I had to learn that the command
> parameters I specified were not passed to the program, so I replaced
> argc/argv with self-defined variables containing the right stuff.

1. It *really* should be easier than that. (e.g., I can build by using a
single '(n)make' invocation, and the debugger in VC just works without
hacking argv/argc in main().)

2. "If you've made it this far, go and enjoy your $favorite_beverage now."

Daniel
Received on 2010-06-29 21:14:29 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.